Lojong is a Tibetan Buddhist mind training practice based on a set of 59 slogans first formulated in the 12th century. For most of my climbs, my Buddhist mentor (or “Buddhist Personal Trainer” as I like to call her) prepares a list of slogans in advance based on the itinerary. Each day I use the day’s slogan as a way to work with any challenges that arise in my mind or surroundings or both. For Vinson, I’ve decided to share the slogans in my blog so that you can follow along with the slogans and the climb. For further information on Lojong (and what the slogans actually mean since some of them may seem a bit strange), you can google “lojong” and do some reading. I particularly like Pema Chodren’s interpretation of the slogans.
Book TA as a Speaker
What’s TA Climbing Next?
- RT @CBCNews: Nepal avalanches: rescue of stranded hikers ends cbc.ca/news/world/nep… http://t.co/Mo6WnXwnaD 5 hours ago
- RT @alan_arnette: 19 still missing in Annapurna area, hope fading. Death count now 39. nytimes.com/2014/10/19/wor… 1 day ago
- Brigadoon provides camp to children, youth & families living w/ a chronic illness or condition or special needs. brigadoonvillage.org 2 days ago
- Doing the keynote @ the Canadian Adventure Therapy Symposium, I got to visit Brigadoon. What an awesome place! brigadoonvillage.org 2 days ago
- Visual Soliloquy #1040 When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better… wp.me/pCF5I-2rc 2 days ago
TA’s Recent Blog Posts
- Visual Soliloquy #1040 When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too…
- Visual Soliloquy #1039 Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom…
- Visual Soliloquy #1038 The direction of your focus is the direction your life will move. Let yourself move toward what is good, valuable, strong and true…
- Visual Soliloquy #1037 It’s not living if you don’t reach for the sky. I’ll have tears as you take off but I’ll cheer as you fly…
- Visual Soliloquy #1036 Fall has always been my favourite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale..
TA's Adventures that MoveAconcagua Ama Dablam Aoraki/Mount Cook Buddhism Canoe Canyons Denali Elbrus Elbrus-06 Everest-007 Everest 3.0 Everest 2010 Find Your Fit Great Big Walk Great Himalaya Trail Gunnbjørn Fjeld Highest Peak Kilimanjaro Life Loca-venturing Logan Memorial University Mera & Island Motorcycles Newfoundland Ojos Orizaba Photo Gallery Photography Pumori Sea Kayak Ski Slackline Tajumulco Tibet Bike Toubkal Video Vinson Visual Soliloquy Water
Blog Tags2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Aconcagua Antarctica Antigua Atlas Mountains Breast Cancer Buddhism Buddhist Learning Chile Churchill River climb Climb for Awareness Donate Elbrus Climb for my Dad Everest Everest 2010 expedition Eyes of the Spirit Find Your Fit Flat Stanley GHT Go for Greenland Grand Canyon Great Himalaya Trail Greenland Guatemala Hat Trick of the Americas hockey Iceland Karuna Kilimanjaro Labrador Lojong Slogans Mexico Mista Shipu Morocco mountain mountain of learning Mountains of Morocco Nature Nepal Newfoundland NOLS north Africa Notakwanon River Ojos Oma peak photography polar Post by Voice prostate cancer Quotes School Curriculum Seven Summits Signal Hill St. John's Tibet Tire Pull train training Travel trek Twillingate vanilla dip video Vietnam Vinson What's TA Climbing Next? WOKies Yamaha XT 250
- TA Loeffler on Visual Soliloquy #1036 Fall has always been my favourite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale..
- Trien Wissink on Visual Soliloquy #1036 Fall has always been my favourite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale..
- carolyn paul on Visual Soliloquy #1034 Chase down your passion like it’s the last bus of the night…
- TA Loeffler on M is for Morne, Gros Morne: Ama Dablam #11
- carolyn paul on M is for Morne, Gros Morne: Ama Dablam #11
TA’s Photo Galleries