Lojong is a Tibetan Buddhist mind training practice based on a set of 59 slogans first formulated in the 12th century. For most of my climbs, my Buddhist mentor (or “Buddhist Personal Trainer” as I like to call her) prepares a list of slogans in advance based on the itinerary. Each day I use the day’s slogan as a way to work with any challenges that arise in my mind or surroundings or both. For Vinson, I’ve decided to share the slogans in my blog so that you can follow along with the slogans and the climb. For further information on Lojong (and what the slogans actually mean since some of them may seem a bit strange), you can google “lojong” and do some reading. I particularly like Pema Chodren’s interpretation of the slogans.
Book TA as a Speaker
What’s TA Climbing Next?
- Check-in/OK message from SPOT TA wp.me/pCF5I-2lI 18 hours ago
- fms.ws/ILWR2 Hello from Bonavista Bay. We are five kayaks on an island exploration mission! This is where we are hanging! 18 hours ago
- Check-in/OK message from SPOT TA wp.me/pCF5I-2lH 2 days ago
- fms.ws/IJa6R New Zealand 2013: This is TA's location on her journey to New Zealand and Aoroki/Mount Cook! Wish me luck! 2 days ago
- Check-in/OK message from SPOT TA wp.me/pCF5I-2lG 3 days ago
TA’s Recent Blog Posts
TA's Adventures that MoveAconcagua Ama Dablam Aoraki/Mount Cook Buddhism Canoe Canyons Denali Elbrus Elbrus-06 Everest-007 Everest 3.0 Everest 2010 Find Your Fit Great Big Walk Great Himalaya Trail Gunnbjørn Fjeld Highest Peak Kilimanjaro Life Loca-venturing Logan Memorial University Mera & Island Motorcycles Newfoundland Ojos Orizaba Photo Gallery Photography Pumori Sea Kayak Ski Slackline Tajumulco Tibet Bike Toubkal Video Vinson Visual Soliloquy Water
Blog Tags2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Aconcagua Antarctica Antigua Atlas Mountains Breast Cancer Buddhism Buddhist Learning Chile Churchill River climb Climb for Awareness Donate Elbrus Climb for my Dad Everest Everest 2010 expedition Eyes of the Spirit Find Your Fit Flat Stanley GHT Go for Greenland Grand Canyon Great Himalaya Trail Greenland Guatemala Hat Trick of the Americas hockey Iceland Karuna Kilimanjaro Labrador Lojong Slogans Mexico Mista Shipu Morocco mountain mountain of learning Mountains of Morocco Nature Nepal Newfoundland NOLS north Africa Notakwanon River Ojos Oma peak photography polar Post by Voice prostate cancer Quotes School Curriculum Seven Summits Signal Hill St. John's Tibet Tire Pull train training Travel trek Twillingate vanilla dip video Vietnam Vinson What's TA Climbing Next? WOKies Yamaha XT 250
- TA Loeffler on Visual Soliloquy #978 I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it…
- TA Loeffler on Visual Soliloquy #979 Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have…
- jmeyersforeman on Visual Soliloquy #978 I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it…
- Oliver Schwamb on Visual Soliloquy #979 Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have…
- TA Loeffler on What’s TA Climbing Next V?
TA’s Photo Galleries