Lojong is a Tibetan Buddhist mind training practice based on a set of 59 slogans first formulated in the 12th century. For most of my climbs, my Buddhist mentor (or “Buddhist Personal Trainer” as I like to call her) prepares a list of slogans in advance based on the itinerary. Each day I use the day’s slogan as a way to work with any challenges that arise in my mind or surroundings or both. For Vinson, I’ve decided to share the slogans in my blog so that you can follow along with the slogans and the climb. For further information on Lojong (and what the slogans actually mean since some of them may seem a bit strange), you can google “lojong” and do some reading. I particularly like Pema Chodren’s interpretation of the slogans.
TA’s Recent Blog Posts
- Recreation Rocks!
- Visual Soliloquy #768 Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least…
- Visual Soliloquy #767 Who dares to teach must never cease to learn…
- G is for Generalist
- Visual Soliloquy #766 Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies…
Book TA as a Speaker
TA's Adventures that MoveAconcagua Buddhism Canoe Canyons Denali Elbrus Elbrus-06 Everest-007 Everest 3.0 Everest 2010 Gunnbjørn Fjeld Highest Peak Kilimanjaro Life Logan Memorial University Mera & Island Motorcycles Newfoundland Ojos Orizaba Photo Gallery Photography Pumori Sea Kayak Ski Tajumulco Tibet Bike Video Vinson Visual Soliloquy Water
TA’s Photo Galleries
Blog Tags2010 2011 2012 2013 Antarctica Buddhism Churchill River climb Elbrus Climb for my Dad Everest Everest 2010 expedition Eyes of the Spirit Go for Greenland Grand Canyon Guatemala Hat Trick of the Americas Iceland Karuna Kilimanjaro Labrador Lojong Slogans Mista Shipu mountain Nature Nepal Newfoundland NOLS Notakwanon River Ojos peak photography Post by Voice prostate cancer Quotes School Curriculum Seven Summits St. John's train training Travel trek Vinson What's TA Climbing Next? WOKies
- Recreation Rocks! wp.me/pCF5I-1Kf 8 hours ago
- Visual Soliloquy #768 Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least... wp.me/pCF5I-1K9 10 hours ago
- Visual Soliloquy #767 Who dares to teach must never cease to learn... wp.me/pCF5I-1K5 1 day ago
- G is for Generalist wp.me/pCF5I-1K1 1 day ago
- Visual Soliloquy #766 Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies... wp.me/pCF5I-1JV 2 days ago