Quote of the Day:
“If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.” – Vera Nazarian
Did You Know?
Climbers wear thick, puffy suits filled with goose feathers to keep them warm
Put Leave No Trace Principle Into Action
Objective: Further engage students in Leave No Trace principles.
Instructions: It is time to put the Leave No Trace principles we’ve learned into action! We encourage you to take your class outside and spend 15-30 minutes collecting garbage from your school grounds.
Possible discussion questions:
- What types of garbage/debris did you find?
- Why is it wrong to litter?
- Who is effected when people don’t care for the environment?
- Is littering a problem at our school? In our community?
- If so, what can be done about it?