Peaks and Passes Day 11: April 25

Expedition Itinerary Plan for Day 11:

A day for further acclimatization. We follow the ridge above camp to around 5500 metres and return to Khare. Camp.

Fun Fact of the Day

DID YOU KNOW?

Nepal is home to one of the few places on earth where you can see both the Bengal tiger and the one-horned rhinoceros.

Today’s Activity: Thin Ice

Materials Needed: 9 hula hoops per group.

Using the nine hula hoops the instructor should make a grid which the children must navigate. The ice is only safe on certain hula hoops meaning there is only one correct way to get out of the “ice”.  If a student were to walk on thin ice they would have to go to the exit the way they entered and go to the back of the line. Eventually by trial and error and the students remembering which routes are correct they will be able to exit the ice and finish the game.

Was it important to communicate with your group? Which strategies did you use? What ones worked the best?

This entry was posted in Everest 3.0, Mera & Island and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Peaks and Passes Day 11: April 25

1. HTE403 says:

Hi TA,
    We played some of the tag game’s they were really fun thanks for sending them to us. fire up your heart !

Olivia

2. 403 HTE says:

Wow! Look at all those prayer flags! I really hope your having fun on your journey! We played some of the tag games we played Sherpa and Jack Frost! It was REALLY fun! Anyways see you later! From:hayley

3. HTE 403 says:

Hi Ta
    You must be having lots of fun
    Having those fun adventures with
    Fun climbing stuff and fun fun fun!!!
    We played Sherpa tag and Jack Frost,
    I became a minion 🙂
    The class is using the i Pads today
    And its really fun, fun, super duper fun!
    Hope your having super duper fun too,

Your friend, Emily.

4. HTE 403 says:

Thanks for the activity we will try it out from Zachary and Jonathan nice pic bye

5. HTE 403 says:

Hi T.a
    The game thin ice sound rilly fun .
    I can’t what to play it .
    How are you ?
    Reply to me any time you can !
    🙂 ;(

6. HTE says:

Hi TA we played Sherpa Tag and jack Frost. Is the mountain high in the sky ? can you take a picture of the clouds and the tip of the mountain if you are close enough.Joshua
    Hi TA. How is your trip? Are you having fun ?we liked the prayer flags.

7. HTE 403 says:

Hi ta,
    We played Sherpa tag and Jack Frost yesterday with our class out by the garden behind the school!!! I hope that we play thin ice after before the end of the school day.
    Is the mountain higher than the clouds? Hope you get back to me soon
    Good luck 🙂

Emma 403

8. Anonymous says:

Hey Ta
    It’s me Andrea I love how you leave us awesome activity’s. We all LOVE doing them. One of my
    favorite is Jack Frost
    Bye bye please reply 🙂 🙂

9. HTE 403 says:

HI TA,

Jonathan here how is the trip sometimes I think about that I’m in the mounting.
    See ya # I think mounting climbing is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

10. Hte403 says:

Hi,ta
    We played Most of the games you sent to us they were REALLY FUN especially the Jack Frost game
    Hope you are having fun!
    From: your friend rebecca

11. 403 HTE says:

Hello TA,
    This is your friend Maria and our class is using the iPads right now to write you this message 🙂
    I hope that you and the crew are having a good time 😉
    We played your games both Sherpa tag & Jack Frost I mostly liked Jack Frost because there was lots of actions 🙂
    From: Maria 😉

12. HTE 403 says:

Hi TA
    We played sherpa tag and Jack Frost.
    It was awesome.Your friend Hannah