As is the case with most expeditions, there comes a time where the countdowns begin. My injured finger has finally allowed me to return to hockey and so I decided to count how many games remain in this season…16! Of course, this led to more counting:
Number of sleeps until departure: 21.
Number of open weekends before departure: 1.
Number of steps taken today: 13,671.
Items still left on the to-do list: 56.
Classes left to teach: 10.
Papers/assignments/exams left to grade: 164.
Student quinzhees left to be built: 5.
Packages left to arrive from MEC: 3.
New prussiks to make: 4.
Number of Signal Hills still left to be climbed: 27.
Number of Schools to visit before departure: 3.
Thesis to read: 3.
Haircuts to get: 2.
Fitbits to find: 1.
Packing weight to hit: 15 kg.
Boots, coats, and pants to waterproof: 8
Curriculum entries to edit and enter: 65.
Number of pre-cooked meal remaining in the freezer: 6.
Great Big Training Walks: As many as we can fit in.
Number of kilometres we’ll walk along the Great Himalaya Trail: 600.
Number of mountain passes we’ll cross: 15.
Number of folks to walk along with us virtually: As many as we can invite/find/cajole/recruit…you are wanted!
Book TA as a Speaker
TA’s New Book
- So awesome to be trekking with the awesome Kumar...and the awesome Marian!!! instagram.com/p/BbyM8LTlvuF/ 21 hours ago
- And we're off...five hours of climbing up to reach Chisopani (Cold water). Feels good to be… instagram.com/p/BbyMfgBFEqj/ 21 hours ago
- Headed for the freedom of the hills once again. A short break from Kathmandu. Happy Thanksgiving… instagram.com/p/Bbx_3raFLE3/ 23 hours ago
- RT @DrPaulSalmon: Grant proposals are like children. You create them, lovingly develop and nurture them until sending them off into the big… 1 day ago
- RT @olive_yeg: 7000 linear feet of lights + 75 man hours + volunteers = a successful #yeg Candy Cane Lane… instagram.com/p/BbxVlDIh07G/ 1 day ago
TA’s Recent Blog Posts
TA's Adventures that MoveAconcagua Ama Dablam Aoraki/Mount Cook Buddhism Canoe Canyons Denali Elbrus Elbrus-06 Everest-007 Everest 3.0 Everest 2010 Find Your Fit Fire&Ice17 Great Big Walk Great Himalaya Trail Gunnbjørn Fjeld Highest Peak Kanairiktok River Kilimanjaro Labrador Life Loca-venturing Logan Lungta Livyers Memorial University Mera & Island Mission 5959 Motorcycles Newfoundland Ojos Orizaba Paddle 2 Peaks Photo Gallery Photography Pumori Sea Kayak Ski Slackline Tajumulco Teaching & Learning Tibet Bike Toubkal Video Vinson Visual Soliloquy Volcanopalooza Water
- Atlas Mountains
- Churchill River
- Elbrus Climb for my Dad
- El Salvador
- Everest 3.0
- Everest 3.0. school curriculum
- Everest 2010
- Eyes of the Spirit
- Find Your Fit
- Go for Greenland
- Grand Canyon
- Great Himalaya Trail
- Hat Trick of the Americas
- Kanairiktok River
- Lojong Slogans
- Mission 5959
- Mista Shipu
- Mountains of Morocco
- north Africa
- Notakwanon River
- Post by Voice
- prayer flags
- prostate cancer
- School Curriculum
- sea kayak
- sea kayaking
- Seven Summits
- St. John's
- Tire Pull
- What's TA Climbing Next?
TA’s Photo Galleries