Trek down valley to Bigu Gompa (2516m)
Bigu Gompa is the exit point for our Great Big Walk. Bigu is a Sherpa village, and Bigu Gompa is a nunnery dedicated to Avalokiteshwara, the all seeing, all knowing remover of obstacles.
Quote for the Day
The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand. ~Frederick L. Knowles
Did You Know?
In 1975, a Japanese woman named Junko Tabei became the first woman to summit Mount Everest.
Find Your Fit Fact
Everyone can gain the health benefits of physical activity – age, ethnicity, shape or size do not matter.
Activity Suggestion: Geocaching (from the Find Your Fit website)
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
At its simplest level, geocaching requires these 8 steps:
- Register for a free Basic Membership.
- Visit the “Hide & Seek a Cache” page.
- Enter your postal code and click “search.”
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Share your geocaching stories and photos online.
There are many other levels to the game. Keep reading the guide to learn more!
(Source: Geocaching.com )