Today we hope the weather lets us fly safely back to Kathmandu where we can enjoy some yummy treats! 24 is my favourite number and the runway at Hilary Tenzing Airport (Lukla) is runway 24.
Did You Know?
Archaeological evidence shows that Neolithic humans moved into the Himalayas at least 9,000 years ago.
Happy Find Your Fit Friday! Find Your Fit! is a provincial physical activity promotions/communications campaign designed to get individuals motivated and moving towards healthy, active living. The Find Your Fit! website is an excellent resource for physical activity throughout the lifespan.
Find Your Fit Fact
Need an emotional lift? Or need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A workout at the gym or a brisk 30-minute walk can help. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
Find Your Fit Activity Suggestion: Puzzle Relay (Spelling)
Objective: To get students active before the main lesson while also getting them to think and strategize, incorporating different tasks at once.
Materials needed: Cut outs of the letters “EVEREST”, “MOUNTAIN”, “CLIMBING”, “FROSTBITE”, or other words of similar length which relate to Mount Everest, 4 pylons/ markers to show where the groups line up.
– Each group will have one word which they will have to unscramble (the group will not know what their word is before hand)
– In groups of 4-5, have students lined up (single file behind their pylons)
– Each group will have a set of letters located directly across from them
– On go, the first person in line will run towards their letters, and bring back ONE letter.
– The next person in line will do the same, until each letter has been returned to the group
– Once all the letters have been brought back the group can begin trying to unscramble their letters to put together their given word.
– The game does not end until each word has been completed (encourage students to help other groups to finish their words!!!)