Quote of the Day:
“Life is like a mountain, hard to climb, but worth the amazing view from the top” – Unknown
Did You Know?
Mount Everest is made from shale, limestone and marble.
Where in the World is TA?
Objective: Teach students about the geographical location of all 7 continents and mountain locations where T.A. has been.
Explain to the class that T.A. has a goal to climb each of the tallest mountains on each continent, these are called the Seven Summits. T.A. is currently working on reaching the summit of the last mountain (Mt. Everest) to complete her goal of the Seven Summits.
- Ask class to fill in blanks with names of corresponding continents.
- Following this ask the students to place a star or mark within each continent indicating where they think the tallest mountain is.
- Review student’s maps with answer key.
Questions to Ask:
- What continent do we live in? (N. America)
- What continent is TA in right now? Or What continent has the tallest mountain? (Asia)
- continent has the lowest of the seven summits? (Australia)
Information to Share about Seven Summits:
When they were reached by T.A.:
|North America||Denali||June 2005|
|South America||Aconcagua||December 2006|
See the links below for ‘Where in the World is TA’ activity sheet and answer key.