Quote of the Day:
“Live your life each day as you would climb mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point” – Harold B. Melchar
Did You Know?
Climbers burn more calories on Mount Everest so they often have to eat more food
Objective: Teach kids about plate tectonics and where mountains like Everest come from.
or search: ‘Billy Blue Hair – Where do Mountains Come From?’
- What did you learn from the video?
- What makes mountains taller?
- Are all mountains made from plate tectonics?
- Show above video to the class.
- Ask students to draw what they learned about the geography of mountains and how Mount Everest was formed.
- Submit drawings for T.A. to show her what you’ve learned!