To Kabug (4820m)
The stages to Beding are pleasant,and we will trek through rhododendron, pine and juniper forest whilst travelling by the riverside.
Quote for the Day
An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. ~Henry David Thoreau
Did You Know?
According to UNESCO, Nepal contains four World Heritage Sites: Kathmandu Valley(cultural); Lumbini, birthplace of Buddha (cultural); Chitwan National Park (natural); and Sagarmatha National Park (natural).
Find Your Fit Fact
Hip fracture is a serious health condition that can have life-changing negative effects, especially if you’re an older adult. But research shows that people who do 120 to 300 minutes of at least moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week have a lower risk of hip fracture.
Activity Suggestion: Frostbite Tag
Objective: To get students moving and warmed up before the main activity, while replicating being frostbitten, something which could occur on Mount Everest due to the cold temperature.
Materials Needed: 3-5 pool noodles (icicle) (depending on class size)
– Choose 3-5 taggers (could be more or less depending on class size)
– Taggers each have a pool noodle (icicle), on the teacher’s command, the students run around the gymnasium until touched by an icicle.
– If they are tagged, they must stay still, with their feet spread apart, they are considered “frostbitten”
– The person tagged is “frostbitten” until another student in the class slides through their legs, unfreezing them.
– STUDENTS CANNOT BE TAGGED WHILE UNFREEZING A CLASSMATE!