Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
― Louisa May Alcott
Did you Know?
Mount Logan has an altitude of nearly 6,000m (5959m to be exact).
Find your Fit Activity of the Day: Frostbite Tag
Objective: To get students moving and warmed up before the main activity, while replicating being frostbitten, something which could occur on Mount Logan due to the extreme cold temperature.
Materials Needed: 3-5 pool noodles (icicle) (depending on class size)
– Choose 3-5 taggers (could be more or less depending on class size)
– Taggers each have a pool noodle (icicle), on the teacher’s command, the students run around the gymnasium until touched by an icicle.
– If they are tagged, they must stay still, with their feet spread apart, they are considered “frostbitten”
– The person tagged is “frostbitten” until another student in the class slides through their legs, unfreezing them.
– STUDENTS CANNOT BE TAGGED WHILE UNFREEZING A CLASSMATE!