Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.
― Gloria Steinem
Find your Fit Activity of the Day: Base Race
- Mark the boundaries of the area with the hula hoops; 1 hoop in each corner of the gym, and 1 hula hoop in between the 2 corners on the longest side of the gym.
- Split the class up so that each hoop has an even number of people.
- The tagger must begin by standing in the center circle of the gym.
- The person designating as the tagger yells “Get to Base Camp!” Once this is said, everyone must run to a different hoop.
- If someone is caught, they become a tagger along with the previous tagger(s).
- The game ends when everyone is caught.
*This game replicates the different base camps spread throughout different elevations of Mount Logan, which provide shelter and warmth and a place to eat for the climbers.